Schedule of Events
2019 APTCC Timeline
Events and times subject to change.
Thursday, 4 April
- 10:00 amOps committee, setup volunteers arrive. Introductions. Briefing of days tasks, safety discussion including hazards/controls (recorded).
- 10:30 amTrees checked and Ok’d by Ops committee. VTA carried out on all trees being used, including kids climb tree. Volunteer gear check done and recorded.
- 11:30 am - 5:00 pmPreliminary event setup (Lunch provided for all volunteers)
Friday, 5 April
- 8:00 amSite briefing, safety talk, task allocation. Gear check for all climbers (recorded). Mandatory for all event judges, techs, and scorers in Aerial Rescue, Belayed Speed Climb and Work Climb.
- 8:30 am - 12:00 pmFinal event fine tuning and competitor run through
- 12:30 pm - 2:00 pmCompetitor Sign-in starts (Lunch provided for volunteers)
- 2:00 pmCompetitors, judges, techs and scorers gather at park. Introductions and sponsor mention.
- 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm Walk-through of preliminary events. Head Tech to oversee.
- 4:00 pm - 4:30 pmVolunteers and competitors meeting
- 4:30 pm - 5:30 pmWorkshop: Ideas, Tools and New Approaches for Safer and More Productive Rigging (Stefano Lorenzi, Kask)
- 5:30 pm - 6:00 pmWorkshop: How to be an approved contractor
- 6:00 pm - 7:30 pmISA/NZArb Meet & Greet
Saturday, 6 April
- 7:30 amAll volunteers and competitors onsite
- 8:00 amGear check in park
- 9:30 am - 3:00 pmPreliminary events (Lunch provided to all volunteers and competitors)
- 4:00 pmMasters’ competitors announced
Sunday, 7 April
- 8:00 amMasters’ judges, techs, scorers, climbers onsite for safety briefing
- 8:30 amMasters’ competitor gear check. Head tech and others final setup of Masters’ tree.
- 9:30 amWalk through with competitors
- 10:00am – 2:00 pmMasters’ Challenge (approx. 45 mins each competitor, seven competitors)
- 2:00pm – 3:30 pmAPTCC Committee meeting (1.5 hours)
- 4:30 pmMasters’ prize giving and celebration